Friday 27 January 2012

My Skin Care Routine!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for ages! I feel terrible but the amount of exams I've had at school recently has been mad. But, I'm back and with a new skin care routine!

Before I go on to tell you my current skin care routine, I'm just going to tell you a little bit about my skin. I feel as thought what skin type you have can really make a difference in how products work for you. I have dry, very sensitive skin and I also suffer from eczema which I've had since I was a baby. I don't really have eczema anymore, I just get flare ups whenever I'm ill, stressed or upset.

Morning:

In the morning, I wash my face using just plain water. I personally don't feel the need to use a cleanser in the morning as my skin isn't oily so it's not like I wake up in the morning with lots of oils on my face. I pat my face dry with a clean towel and moisturize using Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin.

Night:

At night, I remove my mascara with Boots Essentials Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. I cleanse using Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. I massage this all over my face in circular motions. Then I soak the muslin cloth in a sink of hot water and take the cleanser off with the muslin cloth whilst also gently exfoliating with it. I don't wear any makeup other than mascara so I only cleanse once, but if you wear heavy face makeup, I would recommend cleansing twice. I pat my face dry with a clean towel, apply Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic onto a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face. Finally, I moisturize using Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin.

Mask:

Every Friday night, I use Liz Earle Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask. I follow my usual night routine but use the mask after cleansing and before toning. I apply a thick, even layer of this all over my face and relax for 15 minutes. Then I soak the muslin cloth in a sink of hot water and take the mask off with the muslin cloth whilst also gently exfoliating with it. This is an amazing mask for dry skin, it makes my skin feel so hydrated and soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment