Monday 21 November 2011

Review: MAC Zoom Lash Mascara

Wow, this mascara really didn’t do it for me. The packaging is pretty simple and it looks quite professional and sleek so I like the packaging. The color is really nice - I have it in Plush Black and it’s a really dramatic dark black. 



But, I was very disappointed with the actual product. It’s wet and ‘gloopy’. You can see in my picture how wet and gloopy it actually is! When you take the wand out of the mascara tube, you're left with this horrible mess on the end of the brush. I applied the first coat of mascara and it definitely did thicken and lengthen my lashes. It was clumpy though, and I was already disappointed. Then I applied a second coat and… Wow. It was really clumpy! After brushing through it a million times with a disposable mascara wand, my lashes looked okay but still quite spidery!

I applied it in the morning and wore it all day. I was tired when I got in at night and washed my face but didn’t bother taking off my mascara (I know, I know, but I was really tired. We're all guilty of not taking our mascara off every once in a while!). When I woke up the next morning, I looked in the mirror and was amazed. It looked exactly as it did when I put it on - long, thick and super black! And no flakes, surprisingly. 

This mascara isn’t in my favorites but I’m not going to throw it out. It looks quite nice if you apply two coats of a different mascara and then apply one coat of this MAC mascara! It really just adds a bit more drama. I would definitely not buy this again. Not worth the money at all! Sorry MAC.

1/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment