Monday 24 October 2011

Review: ELF Studio Powder Brush


Yes, it's the ever so famous powder brush from ELF! You've probably already heard so many things about this brush as it's honestly so good, one of my favorite brushes!

I won't lie, when I received it I was very disappointed as a few of the hairs on the brush were sticking out at an odd angle because of the way it had been packaged. I contacted ELF about this and they were very quick to reply, and told me to wash it and it'd be fine. I washed it and let it dry. A few of the hairs were still bent. So I washed it again and this time I put a hair band around the hairs to keep them in place whilst drying. It still didn't work! In the end, I actually had to cut - yes, cut - the hairs that were sticking out off with scissors! It was only a few hairs and the brush works perfectly now, but I thought I'd mention it as I believe in completely honest reviews.

That is the only bad thing I have to say about this brush and to be honest, it wasn't the brush, it was the way it had been packaged. Other than that, I am in love with this brush! I completely understand why there's so much hype about it. It's so soft and densely packed, perfect for buffing in products! The handle feels very professional and sturdy too. I've had a little bit of fall out from it, but nothing major. Only one or two hairs whilst I was washing it.

This brush can be used for so many things! Buffing in liquid foundation, applying powder/blush/bronzer, blending out products/harsh lines, and so much more. I like to spray my ELF Makeup Mist & Set onto this brush and stipple it onto my face. This really is worth every penny. Talking of money, I got it for £2.10 or something around that as they had a sale on. It's originally £3.50 which I think is ridiculous (in a good way!) for a brush of such good quality. 

Overall, I absolutely love this brush and will be purchasing another soon. I really recommend this!

Edit: I actually now use this for applying my cream foundation and it works like a dream! I cannot recommend this brush enough.

5/5 

3 comments:

  1. Great review! have you used this brush with liquid foundation? I need a new brush, might get this one.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And no I haven't sorry, I don't use liquid foundation, but I've heard a lot of people say that they've used it for liquid foundation and that it works well. I definitely recommend this, I think everybody could find a purpose for this brush. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I know what you mean, that would have annoyed me, too. But for the price I don't think you can really complain...

    ReplyDelete